For the parents, personalized learning offers an opportunity to play a more active role in school life and know that their contribution is valued. The growth of personalized learning has also seen the concept branch out in areas such as:
- adaptive learning
- individualized learning
- concept-based learning
- differentiated learning
These are some modern facts which state some pertinent statics about this new wave of knowledge.
- Using a mobile device increases productivity by 43% showing a direct correlation between productivity and platform.
- Mobile learning industry is expected to reach $12.2 billion making eLearning one of the primary sources of learning in our society.
- MOOCs are currently used by 8% of companies and the number is expected to double. Such free and accessible courses are promoting learning which means more resources for a business for less money.
- Virtual training requires 40-60% less time to complete when compared to classroom training. Hence employees of a company will have sufficient time to apply the concepts they have learned outside the virtual classroom.
- Tech giant IBM saved around $200 million by adopting an innovative virtual training program for its employees.
- eLearning increases employee engagement by 18% in the workplace. Leading to greater employee retention and a synergy among the employees.
- North America holds 53% shares in eLearning across the globe.
- 70% professionals use personal devices for business, bringing in a new age of BYOD (bring your own device) is upon us where professional eLearning can be completed outside of the office.
- 2018 onwards most professionals will own 3-4 personal mobile devices. This will cause a surge in quantity and quality of electronic platforms.
- eLearning courses are eco-friendly as they reduce 90% energy usage since no traveling or paper documentation is required.